Why? Because this is how it started for me…
I was standing there in front of the mirror after drying myself from the shower.
Looking at my well-toned, beautiful silky smooth legs that any model would dream to have.
But there they were.
Hitting me in the face like a wet sock, my horrible black knees.
Staring back at me like a zit on the end of ya nose.
And to top it off my underarms aren’t much better either. Just a perfect match hey lol.
If you’re anything like me you’ve got a cupboard of creams and lotions.
Some worked for a bit, some were just a plain waste of money.
Below are a few different home remedies that you can try out.
How To Whiten Knees And Underarms… 5 Homemade Natural Remedies
Moisturizing and Exfoliating at Home
- 1-Sugar & olive oil exfoliate scrub. Combine 1⁄3 cup (79 ml) olive oil and 2/3 cup (134 g) of white sugar in a bowl mix to a paste.
- Rub into your knees. After rubbing for about 30 seconds, let the scrub sit on your knees for 5 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
Exfoliating the skin helps to remove dead skin cells, which can make the skin appear lighter and brighter.
2-Baking soda and lemon juice paste. Add equal amounts of baking soda and lemon juice into a small bowl. Mix until paste forms. Rub the paste into your knees for about 1 minute, and then rinse with water.
- Both baking soda and lemon juice work well as a natural lightening agent. The grittiness of the baking soda helps to exfoliate your skin.
- Both of these can help to make dark skin look lighter over time.
3-Use almond oil for an inexpensive moisturizing treatment. Every night, apply 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of almond oil to your knees. Make sure your knees are coated with the oil, and then cover them with a strip of fabric or a towel overnight
- While almond oil is a natural lightener, it will also add moisture to your skin, which helps to reduce darkness by making the skin more supple.
4-Aloe vera mask for scars or sun damage. Mix 1⁄2cup (120 mL) of plain yogurt with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of freshly extracted aloe gel. Apply the mask to your knees, and let it sit for 15-30 minutes. Then, rinse your knees with water.
- Aloe has been proven as a natural healing for scars in a number of studies.
- To extract aloe gel from the leaves of an aloe plant, simply cut the leaf off of the plant and slice down the center of the leaf. Then, use a spoon to scoop the gel out of the leaf.
- If you don’t have fresh aloe gel available, you can purchase pure aloe from most pharmacies or supermarkets.
5-Use a loofah or rough sponge on your knees in the shower. If you don’t want to make a scrub, you can use a physical exfoliator like a loofah, sponge or stone to scrub away the dead skin cells.
Most beauty shops, pharmacy or your local supermarket will sell them. Just use it when in the shower and scrub your knees.
- Physical exfoliation with a loofah, sponge, or gentle pumice stone is a common treatment for the symptoms of psoriasis and other dry-skin conditions.
All these how-to remedies have been proven to whiten knees and underarms. The results will vary from person to person.
Making these cocktails up can be time-consuming by the time purchasing the products and making them.
These days I’ve opted to cheat with mine and use a cream made for the occasion.
That cream is called Meladerm. You can find out everything you need to by checking out our review here
The only downside of the cream is can only available online.
After regular use, I was shocked to see how fast it had to lighten my knees and brighten up my armpits too.
And I can’t believe how simple and easy it is. Just rub the cream on twice a day, morning and night and your good to go.
No more dark knees, no more looking in the mirror in shame and no more feeling embarrassed when I’m out in public.
This stuff really works!
If you’ve got black knees or dark underarms that you tired of looking at them, then we highly recommend buying Meladerm skin lightening cream, it’s done wonders for me.